Annual Event 2018
Europur & Euro-Moulders Conference - 12 & 13 April 2018
The 2018 edition of the Annual Event of EUROPUR and EURO-MOULDERS will take place in Krakow, Poland on 12 and 13 April 2018 at the Qubus Krakow Hotel.
The conference will focus on "Digitalisation - Opportunities for the Flexible Foam Industry", other topics critical for our industry will also be addressed. As is usual in our event, 12 April will be dedicated to general topics and 13 April will be dedicated to technical issues with slabstock and automotive breakout sessions. The conference will end around 12.30 and will be followed by a lunch.
Please note that the General Assembly of Euro-Moulders and the Board Meeting of Europur will take place on 11 April. If you are member of Euro-Moulders or Board member of Europur, take this into account when making your hotel bookings. Registrations to these meetings will occur separately in due course.
We thank PCC Rokita for kindly sponsoring the event. Please read carefully the information on the evening event before registering to the conference.
The event is be open to members of EUROPUR and EURO-MOULDERS and their guests.
The general outline of the programme is as follows:
11 April (afternoon) – ONLY for EM members and EP Board members
14.30-16.30 Euro-Moulders Board Meeting and General Assembly
17.00-18.30 Europur Board Meeting
19.30 Joint Euro-Moulders and Europur Board Dinner
09.00-10.15 Europur Formal General Assembly
10.15-17.40 Conference (General Topics)
18.30-23.00 Walking Visit (optional) & Dinner at the Wieliczka Salt Mine
09.00-12.30 Conference (Technical Topics) with break-out sessions from
09.00-10.15 Slabstock or Automotive Session
12.30 End of conference
A more detailed programme will be available soon.
EUROPUR and EURO-MOULDERS thank the SPONSOR of their annual event dinner 2017
The Walking visit of the Wieliczka Salt Mine will last about 50 minutes and it starts with the descent of about 350 steps to reach the depth of 135 meters underground. You will have the opportunity to see magnificent chambers chiseled out in rock salt. Amazing underground saline lakes, majestic timber constructions and unique statues sculpted in salt. Almost 3 kilometers of meandering corridors in a site that is part of the UNESCO World List of Cultural and Natural Heritage. The mine visit will end in the room where the dinner is taking place.
Worth knowing before registering to the walking Wieliczka mine visit
- There are 800 steps of which 350 at the beginning to take you down into the mine. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Temperature underground ranges between 14° and 16° C. Even though the air is quite dry and you do not feel the cold, please bring appropriate clothing.
- Toilet facilities are available at the end of the visit, near the dinner room.
- Smoking in the mine is strictly forbidden.
If you do not wish to walk or visit the mines you may just join the dinner. When registering mention you will not participate to the walking visit but that you will join the dinner. You will then descent and go back up in a small elevator. To join the group you will have to walk about 2-3 minutes.
Dinner in the Salt Mine will take place in a spacious room chiseled in rock salt. At the end of the evening all guests will be brought back up in small groups with elevators.
Dress code: business casual.
How to register to our Annual Event
Members of EUROPUR and EURO-MOULDERS, speakers, representatives of trade press and guests invited by the Secretariat of both associations are welcome to participate free of charge.
All participants are responsible for booking their own hotel accommodation. Europur & Euro-Moulders have made a room block for the event. Details on the hotel and on how to book accommodation are below.
Conference location and hotel reservation
Our 2018 Annual Event is taking place at the Qubus Krakow Hotel (Nadwiślańska 6, 30-527 Kraków, Poland - Tel: +48 71 782 87 65) ‘add link) The hotel is located on the banks of the Vistula river, in direct vicinity of the city’s historic district Kazimierz, not far from the Main Market and the Mariacki Square.
To book your hotel room please follow the instructions below:
- Visit http://www.qubushotel.com/en/ website. You will find a reservation panel on the top left of the page
- Specify the city (Krakow) and check-in/check-out dates
- Put the given code name into “promo code”: conference2018
- And then click on “Search” bar
Europur & Euro-Moulders have secured a room block for participants to the event at the following preferential rates:
- +/-95 EUR per night for single occupancy.
- +/-10 EUR in addition/per night for double occupancy.
- +/-10 EUR extra per night for river view
These rates, paid in Polish Zloty, include breakfast, VAT and wifi access.
For information on the city, please visit the following website: Magiczny Krakow
How to reach the hotel
- From the airport - taking a taxi is the best solution (you can order a hotel taxi or simply take one in front of the airport). You can also take bus line no. 208 (the route ends at the railway station - Kraków lotnisko bus stop)
- From the city centre - take a taxi or tramway line no. 3 or 24 at tram stops: Poczta Główna, Basztowa, Teatr Bagatella, Dworzec Główny (tramways go around the old market square so you can get on the tram at any of those stops, as they are in approximately the same distance from the square, but Dworzec Główny and Poczta Główna are the most popular ones)
- From the railway station - take a taxi or bus line no. 50 or 3 (bus stops: Dworzec Główny - 24 and 3 or Dworzec Główny Tunel - 50).
- By car - Qubus Krakow Hotel, Nadwiślańska 6, 30-527 Kraków, Poland
In the event that the Europur & Euro-Moulders General Assembly and Technical Conference would be cancelled, postponed or relocated on account of decisions taken by national and/or local authorities, weather conditions, strike, lock-out, labor disturbances or any other causes or casualties beyond the control of the Europur & Euro-Moulders, no refund of expenses incurred by attendees shall be made. Participants waive all claims for damage in this case.